Thursday, February 25, 2010

Olympic Knitting

So I finished the Noro scarf on Sunday - exactly one week; pretty fast considering it's more than 6 feet of knitting on size 7 needles. I was pretty sick of k1p1 ribbing by the end, but the colors are so mesmerizing I ordered superbright colors for my own version. Pictures to come- my personal photographer hasn't been around in a while. The whole point of knitting it, in fact, was to get some good knitting backdrop pictures for my website. Once those are done, the scarf will go on to its new owner- the photographer's brother, in fact. It's a surprise- and I mean a real surprise; it's not a birthday or occasion of any kind. Those are the best kinds of surprises. Now, I'm once again snowbound at my mother's house (it's a lot easier to get to my job from here when it snows) and I have 2 projects with me; the baby sweater for a friend and the brighter scarf for me. And while here, I received a box of yarn from Webs for the next project- love love love it, but can't start that project here- can only look at the yarn longingly. Anyway, knitting progresses; pictures to follow eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment