Saturday, February 27, 2010

Knitting frustration

So I had decided to use Cotton Fleece for baby-to-be Olivia's Elizabeth Zimmermann 2 needle sweater. Seemed like a skein would be enough yarn, but I took a look around Ravelry to see what other people's experience was. This was indeed a case of "your mileage may vary". I saw amounts listed for everything from one skein to two and a half! But of course, I tempted fate. I have one skein, and I bought it at least 3 years ago, so while it's still available, the dye lot will no doubt be very different. And I got... 2 inches from the end, and ran out. Yep. Now, I have a lighter shade of green, and I could have used that from the beginning for the yoke and the border and been sure I had enough, between the 2 skeins, but did I? No, of course not. So, now I go to place an order for another skein, cross my fingers that it won't look ridiculously different, and work on my Noro scarf for myself for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment