Sunday, February 14, 2010

Holidays



So it's Valentine's Day, and Chinese New Year, and the Olympics (which to me is a holiday- I think schools should be closed for the duration of the games). Now that the gloves are done (think of them as a Chinese New Year gift, I guess) I'm on to the main Olympic knitting. The requirements for this is a project that is basically foolproof and dead easy, so I can't mess it up during exciting moments, but still interesting enough the I enjoy it and am pleased with the outcome (which, ideally, is completed during the closing ceremonies...). Also, it should be worked in a yarn that's pleasant to work with. Add to the equation that I'm currently rather sick with some lovely lung infection and don't want to have to think in any way- so designing and swatching is totally out. Perfect project? A striped Noro scarf swiped from (I'm sorry, as an homage to) Jared Flood, aka Brooklyn Tweed- check his out here= brooklyn tweed. See the before picture above. I have plenty more to say about brookyntweed, the yarn, the place I bought it, but I'll save it for future posts- for now, I'm going back to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment