Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lost in cyberspace

There doesn't seem to be much point in writing a blog entry at this point, since between godaddy! and blogger my blog seems lost in cyberspace, but I have faith the eventually, all the glitches will be resolved.
Lately I've been talking to some people in the arts other than design about creativity, and it seems a common theme that surrounding yourself with creative people, whatever specific field they're in, sparks your own creativity. It's as though, as one person put it, art is contagious. By the same token, surrounding yourself (or in any case, myself) with people who are... let's say, less creative- tends to deaden my creativity, in a way. I suppose there are plenty of creative people who survive or even thrive on their own, but I seem to do better with that spark around me.
And of course, nothing sparks creativity (again, at least for me) like unconditional support. Everyone needs a fan, if not a fan club. I suppose we all need critics to some degree as well- some people seem to love to rise to the challenge when someone knocks them down and do even better in the face of opposition. Not me- I do better with praise. You liked that? Well, you'll love what I make you next!
Anyway, here's hoping all creative types out there find other creative people to inspire them, as well as a fan or two to support their efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment