Thursday, February 11, 2010

Farewell to McQueen

I was so sad to read about the death of Alexander McQueen today- most people who have heard of him associate him with outrageous fashion shows, and those were certainly part of his repertoire. However, when I think of McQueen, I think of one of the few designers who actually had the skills of a classically trained tailor. His wildly inventive imagination was matched by incredible craftsmanship- he had the creativity but also the training to back it up. More importantly, if the reports are true, it's so incredibly sad to me that anyone would be so distraught over the death of his parent that he lost hope. Having lost my own parent so recently, my heart breaks for him, not matter what the true story of his death turns out to be. He is a loss to the fashion community, and to humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment