Saturday, February 13, 2010

Are we there yet???


Ever notice how much longer the second glove (or sock, or mitten, or sleeve) seems to take? In this case, having finished gloves and ripped them out and started over, I guess it's actually the...4th glove. Sigh. Let's hope they fit, shall we? Details? Pattern from Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, cuffs in "red dragon" cashmere from Black Pearl Yarns via One Planet Yarns; main portion of glove in Jo Sharp Alpaca Kid Lustre, worked at 6 spi. If I did them again? Hmmm... the red's a little brighter than I planned for (the gloves match a scarf done in the cashmere in grey and the red)- for both projects, I'd probably have chosen more of a maroon, and I wanted to do the entire glove in cashmere, but there wasn't enough of it. Other than that, they're serviceable and should be warm, if not exciting; these can be the base gloves and I'll do something more dramatic another time. (Although the bright red does lend an "I slit my wrists" look to them that perversely amuses me)

No comments:

Post a Comment