Sunday, April 18, 2010

Scarves and socks

Okay so I've been hideously slacking on my posting to this blog. I HAVE been knitting, though. I did a pair of ponchos for a friend's babies (and of course
failed to photograph them before giving them away- hope to get some shots of them in the ponchos soon to post). I had my fabulous personal photographer take some shots of
me in my knitwear for my website- here are a few of my favorites: (and they're all versions of the same scarf pattern from my book, Double Exposure:
Plus, I decided to make some socks for said photographer for his birthday, which is frighteningly close. Well, I knew I wanted red and black yarn, with something to add a little depth. I thought the hand-dyed and tonal versions of Stroll from Knitpicks would do the trick but without having seen them in person, I was nervous, so I ordered the regular solid versions as backups (frighteningly close, remember?). Then I needed to upgrade the software I use. Then I realized I didn't have the long circular I wanted to do it on. So little by little, these socks are getting more and more expensive- but worth it..


No comments:

Post a Comment