Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More babies, more socks


Another Devan knitty sweater on the machine with hand finishing- this time in a Red Heart (i think) self patterning sock yarn. I'm not in love, but it's cute enough and it's done in time for me to give it to the student in one of my college classes who just had a baby. Started the socks again since I wasn't thrilled with the first start. As you can probably imagine, I'm waiting with great anticipation for the arrival of a longer size 1 circular needles- all the needles I own, and yet there are still gaps I don't realize until I need the missing needle. I prefer the Magic Loop method for socks, though I can (and have) done them with 2 circs, 3 or 4 or 5 single points, or even in the round on a sleeve needle like this one. I find the long circ method a lot more portable and less fiddly, personally. I started these toe-up because I'm designing them and want to make the leg as tall as possible, so I measured the yarn into 2 balls of each color (using an old postal scale- one day I'll treat myself to a more accurate digital model) and started from the toe, and we'll see how far I can get before running out of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment