Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So in the end I decided not to make ANOTHER Zimmerman 2-needle baby sweater but instead ANOTHER sock yarn Knitty baby sweater. I "cheated" by making the pieces on the machine, and then doing the rolled edges by hand- that took as long as doing all the sweater parts on the machine. I'm satisfied with the sweater but honestly not thrilled; the yellow section of the yarn had dark shadowing on it that made it look a little stained or something, but that was part of the yarn. I definitely will have some self striping sock yarn on hand and wouldn't hesitate to whip it out of the machine with the hand edges again- I think I get hung up sometimes on details. After all, the sweater is the gift, the machine is hand run- does it matter if I use 2 needles or the machine?!

No comments:

Post a Comment